Lecture : 9:00AM - 12:00PM
3 CE Points
Online Via ZOOM
Speakers and Topics:
Improve your CBCT Interpretation Skills
AGD Subject Code: 730
Virtually developing a treatment plan allows us to produce predictable results. The foundation, however, starts from approaching cases in a comprehensive manner and focusing on establishing a proper diagnosis before creating a reliable treatment plan. The goal of this session is to highlight the importance of systematic interpretation to maximize diagnosis in a clinical practice. We will discuss the impact of CBCT on diagnosis and treatment planning in implant planning, building a differential diagnosis on odontogenic and non-odontogenic lesions, root resorption and fracture cases. We will also go over the importance of customizing an imaging protocol to address the purpose of the study.
- Understand the impact of CBCT on diagnosis and treatment planning.
- Most common anatomical variants and incidental findings.
- Manipulate and interpret CBCT scans in a systematic manner.
Dr. Lea Al Matny
Dental management of patients with endocrine disorders
AGD Subject Code: 730
The endocrine system is essential for hormonal secretion and is closely related to the central nervous system. It controls many physiological processes and maintains homeostasis. There are many endocrine diseases which may include Diabetes mellitus, Addison disease, Cushing disease, Hyperthyroidism, and Hypothyroidism. It is essential for dental practitioners to recognize these disorders and to properly manage these patients. In this webinar, I will review the pathophysiology, pharmacotherapy and dental management of patients with these endocrine diseases. The necessary precautions needed during the provision of dental treatment, and the appropriate management of medical emergencies that can arise during treatment will also be discussed.
1. Recognize the prevalence of Endocrine Disorders.
2. Understand (a) the pathophysiology and (b) pharmacotherapy of these disorders and consequences to oral health.
3. Introduce the appropriate procedures in dental practice required to optimize dental care in
4. Recognize and manage medical emergencies in patients with endocrine diseases.
Dr. Aviv Ouanounou
MSc, DDS, FICD, FICO
Toronto Implant Academy (TIA)
Nationally Approved PACE Program Provider for FAGD/MAGD credit. Approval does not imply acceptance by any regulatory authority or AGD endorsement. 9-1-2022 to 8-31-2025. Provider ID# 355116