Oral Surgery for the General Dentist was conceived and written specifically for the general dental practitioner. Dental students are often inadequately trained in, and exposed to, oral surgery techniques while in school. This clinical, step-by-step manual simplifies and demystifies general, everyday oral surgical procedures and provides the knowledge needed to perform these procedures with competency.
"Finally, a no-nonsense manual specifically written for the general dentist that actually teaches good 'bread and butter' general oral surgery in a step-by-step fashion accompanied by numerous color photographs." - Dr Charles Balaban, DDS, FADI
The procedures detailed in this manual address commonly encountered dental conditions requiring surgical intervention. Numerous color photographs of actual surgical cases are included.
- Hyperplastic Tissue
- Soft Tissue Tumors
- Impacted Cuspids
- Color photographs of actual surgical cases
- Descriptions and photographs of instruments and their use
- A new mandibular block (ART block) will reduce failure rate
- New treatment for dry socket
- What to do when roots fracture and how to solve the problem